Tuesday, February 20, 2018

2017: the year of the lost and found!

2017: the year of the lost and found..
So much crying, laughing and emotional dope!!
Thought it could be the most hopeless new years night ever!
But then it all changed...
The year began with a bang!
As the night turned from dull moonlight
To the first morning sunshine of 2017
The day began with the saga of ‘lost’ keys..
The week ended with the happiness of ‘found’
Whether it was just the keys or a new person..
In me or someone else,
It all felt good
Whatever stopped me from it..

I stopped it and let myself go with the flow…
I knew it would harm me..
But the heart prevailed over the mind!
As always the stupid me!
Thus began the saga..
Of another ‘lost and found’
I lost myself to an emotion I love the most..
And found myself a new me..
The new year..
The new ride…All felt so good!

Also, professionally was a high time,
Competitions, conferences..
All wins and no losses here too!
Boosted my confidence by leaps and bounds!!
Alas! Lost some most important documents,
But found it the very next day!!
As if the universe knew
That this year is mine,
And whatever I had lost…
Had to get back to me! Had to be found!!
I thought my luck was shining…
Indeed it was!
Like there was nothing left to lose..

And I let my heart continue its ride,
But I should’ve cut it off earlier…
Cuz in the end again I lost!
Before I had found enough!
Was I wise to even invest myself again…
To this kind of lost and found?
Was it true emotion or just fakeness all around!?
Never found the answer to that then..
But as time passed,
I found this loss,
Was a beginning to another great find..

My precious friendship,
With some lovely people around!
And my strong resolve to get healthy and fit!
And might be
This is the kind of found
Better than any loss!!
These sweethearts helped me
to adapt to my inherited loss..
made me feel more worthy!
and we spent so much time together,
happy, sad and learning..
on our way to continue,
my phenomena of lost and found..
in terms of  people and experiences!
then came the break time
we took a trip together..
to god’s own country,

thought it would help me,
to find a new me..
but I guess the pain of loss
had seeds in that country
and all that I could appreciate
was its beauty…
but not my own!!
it reminded me of a few scars I shouldn’t have revived!
coming back to my city that never sleeps..
countless nights spent crying,
insomniac ones, crazy overthinking, overeating days
nevertheless, soon work became enough
to keep the devils workshop busy!

Again I gave myself another break..
a forced and official one though,
from the routine schedule,
to another gruelling schedule!
from juggling between,
the rural urban postings…
and decorating my old house new!
revelling in the beauty of nature
to the developing of ideas..
of a dream house into a reality!!

this was another kind of lost and found,
trying to lose out on some memories..
while finding a few new!!
suddenly out of the blue..
found some lost clothes as well
this gave a sign..
as all lost things have been found
in the year that has passed by..
I will just find myself again too!!
And just when I thought that this was enough..
as the year was about to end..
expected nothing more of these lost and found..

came another big unexpected loss!
the pain of this was the maximum!
superseded all losses of the year!!
I pondered,
Was I really lucky then with the lost and found??
If I couldn’t find the person back
that was like my godfather,
my guiding light, another family..
I realised that this struggle,
has to be fought alone now,
and might be this will help me
find, discover my superpowers!!

So now as I stand at the brink of 2017…
I hope and only hope to find,
myself in a better frame of mind…
A better vision as taught by my lost teacher!
A better person as I always wanted to be!
A better daughter who can take better care of her ageing parents!
A better friend to the people who have been there for me!
A better year in terms of love and people!
A better experience than the current year!
A year full of pursuing hobbies i love..
travel, dance, read and write more...
May 2018 be less of lost and more of found!
All wishes and desires fulfilled...
And of happiness unbound!!

25 comments:

  1. So finally the times has flown! Beautiful articulation indeed. Lovely lovely poem gal. You Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you gurl!! you are an inspiration too!:*

      Delete
  2. Love this Sweet heart!! Do continue . Love to read more of your experiences like this. This is so magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much dude!! you can view my previous blogs too...read whenever you have time...shall definitely keep writing.. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow... Your thoughts are amazing... Great going 👌👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully penned down Pradnya ��������

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully wroted pradnya..this is also a lost writer that you have been found within you..I wish you a good luck for your future blogs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mahesh! hope i make the lost writer write more often! :)

      Delete
  6. Very well written Pradnya! Looking forward to read more of your blogs��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mam! :) you can read more of my previous blogs as well by clicking on the blog archives on top left..

      Delete
  7. Very well versed the journey Pradhnya ��...."FOUND" another side of yours ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have immense respect for people who are able to write exactly what they feel or felt !! N u miss Pradnya is one of that celebrated person!! I pray to God that your talent grows million folds and u always cross people's hearts with great writings!!! All the best love !!Tnx for this eye treat 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww babes...thank you so much for that appreciation...it means a lot to me...its friends like you who keep me motivated...my go to people...i hope i can reach up to the expectations u have for me...thanks love :* :*

      Delete
  9. You are so good in articulation.. Each and every feeling penned down so beautifully.. Amazing.. Keep writing ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you babes! you are another person who keeps me motivated in all my hobbies! cant thank you enough! :*

      Delete
  10. Very nice!!! As always. Loved it, keep it up Pradnya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can u put all those words together with so much meaning... awesome...too good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like you can sketch and make beautiful art... ;) thank you babes :*

      Delete
  12. Very well written ...very few people are gifted like you are..continue writing like this pleaaseee...looking forward to the next one..soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much babes...hoping something good to write will strike me soon again! ;)

      Delete

pls do leave a comment....ur reviews will help me write better!! :)